What is a Sender ID?
Sender ID is the alpha name or alpha-numeric name or number which appears on the mobile phone as the sender of an SMS (It is used to identify who’s sending the message to the recipient). Sender ID can be a number (i.e. a Mobile Phone Number) or alpha-numeric term such as DARBIRD, DARCART.
How is Sender ID useful?
Sender ID is useful in uniquely identifying your business and helps with brand recall amongst your customers.
Why is registration required?
In some countries, there is a specific restriction, where A2P messaging is allowed only when they are whitelisted (registered) with the network operators.
Also, registering your sender id in advance increases the delivery rate of your messages and reduces the chances of getting blocked by carriers.
To check the list of countries that support Sender ID, Please click here.
What is the process of registering a sender ID?
In order to register a sender ID, the below details are required:
- Sender ID requested
- Explain the use case for which the sender id will be used
- Destination Countries for which you need this sender ID
- Your Company/Business Name
- Your Company/Business website
- Sender ID Expansion: For instance, DARBIRD, DARCART.
Once all these details are submitted with Darbird support, we get in touch with all the carriers for destination countries and work with them to register the required Sender ID. It takes approximately 24 hours or 3 business days for the registration.
What are the prerequisites/restrictions to register a Sender ID?
- Your Darbird account must have been upgraded. This service is not available to customers on a free trial account.
- Sender ID can be between 6-11 characters depending on the destination.
- Sender ID cannot contain spaces or hyphens.
- Sender ID cannot be registered for Promotional messages.